|PLACES OF INTEREST
Nature and Adventure
| Tanjung Tuan Lighthouse / Cape
Situated 17 km south of Port Dickson. It is formerly known as Cape
Rachado. Lies on the boundary with Melaka. There is a
colonial-styled lighthouse at the top built by the Portugese in
1860 to help ships passing the harbour near Tanjung. One can catch
the spectacular view of the Straits of Melaka.
| Fort Kempas
This historical site is 23 km away from Port Dickson. Here lies the
old grave of one of the leading histocal personalities 'Keramat
Ujang Pasir - Ulama Sheikh Ahmad Makhtum'. Beside the grave is the
famous 'Batu Bersurat ' depicting his flight and struggle.
This fort, situated about 30 km from Seremban , is steep in
history. Painstakingly built between 1826 and 1827 to be exact, its
existence came into being during the heyday of the state's tin
Located about a kilometer from the Seremban - Port Dickson trunk
road, Fort Lukut was built by raja jumaat to provide a safe haven
during More turbulent times in the state's history. The fort has
now become another tourist attraction for Negeri Sembilan.
Travelling to Fort Lukut will bring the visitor past many
neatly-planted rows of rubber trees and oil palms, which are among
the mainstays of the state's economy.
| Kota Lukut Museum
This museum houses a chapter on the country's past from the
exhibits of the NASSAU shipwreck to the beginnings of Kota Lukut.
NASSAU is the famous Dutch East Indiaman battleship that belongs to
EIC which sank at longitude 101&xB0;41'19 east, latitude
2&xB0;31'55 north during the Battle of Cape Rachado (Tanjung
Tuan) on August 18, 1606. This is the battle fought between Dutch
and Portuguese to takeover Malacca. Exhibits include among others
coins, spain shillings, campass ring, pewter spoon, musket of
varying sizes and Zelfpotten (North European kind of ceramic) used
for medicinal purposes. Visiting Hours : Sat - Thurs 9 am - 5pm Fri
9am -12 noon & 3pm - 5 pm
Situated about seven kilometres from Port Dickson. The fort once
belonged to Raja Jumaat, the 19th century Bugis warrior. Built in
1847, the fort was to control the lucrative tin trade in the area.
Within its vicinity, there are remains of an old palace and a royal