The Many Faces of Sarawak
Masks in Sarawak come in many shapes, sizes and forms, all representing different
aspects of the spirit world.Like the makers of the masks, we at Cahaya attempt to depict
every aspect of Sarawak, with an excellent range of antiques, handicrafts, souvenirs
and curios, all carefully chosen for their quality and authenticity.
Every ethnic group and region in Sarawak has its own special craft tradition. We select artefacts that show these traditions at their best and offer them for sale at a price that reflects a fair bargain for both the producer and the buyer.
Our range includes the following:
We also have a small exhibition in our gallery dedicated to Iban carvings of the kenyalang,
the Rhinoceros Hornbill, state emblem of Sarawak. If you are unable to visit our showroom
and gallery in Kuching, we will be pleased to send you details of our mail order service.
We can also accept commissions to source or produce particular pieces to customer
specifications. If you would like to enjoy authentic Sarawak style in your own home,
office or business premises, please allow us to tell you all about our interior design
consultancy service, with many satisfied customers worldwide.
- The rich, exquisitely worked pua kumbu textiles of the Iban
- Exotic and haunting Orang Ulu ceremonial masks
- Penan mats and basketwares with their complex geometrical patterns
- The delicately crafted bamboo carvings of the Bidayuh
- Melanau spirit figures used in healing rituals
- Modern and antique Chinese porcelain and pottery
- All kinds of traditional and modern silver and brassware, ranging from the delicate
silver head-dresses and girdles of the Iban, to antique brass cannon made by Brunei
Cahaya International Souvenirs
80 Padungan Road,
Tel: 082-232218 / 19 Fax: 082-232236